Each May, The Chapel Hill-Carrboro City School District celebrates its teachers and staff at the annual Recognition Reception. At the reception, the Public School Foundation presents monetary awards to the Teaching Chair recipients. Also recognized are Principal and Assistant Principal of the Year, state and nationally recognized district teachers, teachers who are marking milestone years of service and retiring teachers.
The district teacher of the year receives a $1,000 check from Pinnacle Financial Partners. The Principal and Assistant Principal of the Year each receive $1000 from the Rotary Club of Chapel Hill. Two other outstanding teachers each receive $500 from PSF’s Teachers First Fund.
In addition, the Public School Foundation presents $100 to all other teacher and classified employees of the year in the district. These funds are provided from the Teachers First Fund.
The Public School Foundation also sponsors several $500 awards presented to teachers and staff including:
- Promising New Teacher Award
- Exceptional Children District Support Staff of the Year Award
- Instructional Support Award (ITF’s, Academic Coaches)
- Jeannette Blackwell Mentoring Award
- Blue Ribbon Multicultural Student Achievement Equity in Excellence Award