Teachers First Breakfast
The Teachers First Breakfast is the Public School Foundation's primary spring fundraising event and kicks off Teacher Appreciation Week. The breakfast is donated and hosted by the Chapel Hill Restaurant Group at Squid’s Restaurant.
The Teachers First Breakfast raises money for "Teachers First," a program administered by the Public School Foundation to support the district's teachers. Proceeds from the breakfast go to the Teacher's First Fund for:
- Classroom grants for student enrichment support
- Support for the PSF-East Chapel Hill Rotary Teacher Supply Store
- Support of novice teachers
- Awards for exemplary performance for teachers and staff
- Grants for teachers pursuing national certification and re-certification
- Materials for the Educator's Extra Credit Card (providing teachers and staff with discounts at area businesses)
Along with breakfast, parents can purchase roses to honor teachers each year during Teacher Appreciation Week. Roses are donated in part by The Fresh Market.