Parent Rep Roles and Responsibilities
Public School Foundation 5K for Education
For Our Teachers, For Our Schools, For Our Community March 19, 2016
Parent Representative Role and Responsibilities:
The PSF 5K for Education will celebrate it's fifth year and we need your help to make it a memorable one.
The goal of the PSF 5K for Education is to promote health and fitness in addition to raising money which is used for teacher and student grants, technology, and cultural arts programs throughout the Chapel Hill Carrboro City School System.
Roles and responsibilities, completed email messages, promotional ideas, etc. all of this information can be found at the Public School Foundation website www.publicschoolfoundation.org
Parent Rep Responsibilities:
- Promote registration - brainstorm with the designated Parent Teacher / Staff Rep from your school on ways to get your school community registered for the 5K for Education
- Make posters, banners, fliers, signs, etc.
- Forward emails promoting the 5K for Education which will be shared with your school community via principal's school updates, PeachJar, PTA newsletters, etc. (sample emails can be found at the Public School Foundation website)
- Work with the Teacher / Staff Rep to forward emails that can be shared with the teachers and staff.
- Get school community excited about the 5K for Education with help from the Teacher / Staff Rep by creating morning news announcements, labels for students to wear home, fliers, posters, etc. (some ideas are posted on the Public School Foundation website)
- IF you are a rep for a middle or high school, communicate with the Athletic Director and the coaches to promote the 5K for Education among school teams.
- Work with the Teacher / Staff Rep and other volunteers to create and execute your school's "adopted bus stop"
"Adopting a Bus Stop"
Each school will adopt a bus stop along the route of the 5K for Education. Work with your designated Teacher / Staff Rep and get as creative as you would like with posters, cow bells, confetti, etc. There will be a contest for the best bus stop after the 5K.
Colors & Theme:
The selected colors for the PSF 5K for Education are gray and yellow. We have a picture of the front of a school bus in the PSF 5K for Education logo.
The PSF 5K for Education logo is on the PSF website to download.
Each school will receive one pre made "yard sign" advertising the PSF 5K for Education.
CHCCS Teacher / Staff = $15.00 includes 50% discount code for Fleet Feet No Boundaries training program
CHCCS Student =$15.00
Adult = $30.00
$5 from each registration goes back to your selected school
What is FUN about PSF 5K for Education:
- The Mascot Lap - Support your mascot for fun and bragging rights of this historic and memorable lap around McCorkle Place. Before the 5K begins, mascots from each school will compete in a mascot lap which includes running and exercises.
- Bus stops adopted by each school. 20 bus stops 20 schools. Endless creative possibilities to promote health and fitness and school spirit.
- Great community event which promotes self esteem, fitness, team building and good health.
Are you interested to be a part of the BEST 5K in NC? Have questions?
Reach out to:
Christine Cotton firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Reynolds email@example.com